1. In these terms of service, unless the context otherwise requires –
a) “enquirers” refers to employers, employment agencies, background and screening firms, statutory bodies, higher education institutions, and similar organisations and entities that act on behalf of these organisations
b) “account holder” refers to the owner of an account registered by an Enquirer
c) “Individual” refers to the subject of a verification
d) “source” refers to the one who owns and has access to the information that it is asked for, such as a university, a company or a database
e) “verification” refers to the service of verifying an Individual’s details, including employment, education and whatever information the Enquirer wishes to verify. See Services
2. This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Norwegian law.
3. Enquirers are eligible to request verification of an individual through the VeriFind website run by BlueCask.
4. Enquirers must be registered users of VeriFind and all verifications must be submitted through the VeriFind system.
5. In order to process a verification on an individual, the Enquirer must certify that the Individual has given their consent to the verification prior to the check being carried out. See Inform the Candidate
6. It is the responsibility of Enquirer’s to inform the Individual in advance. You may be asked for evidence of such information.
7. If there is any doubt over an individual’s consent to verification, Meditor / VeriFind reserves the right to refuse service.
8. VeriFind is not a look-up database and personal data relating to an Individual cannot be searched nor requested. VeriFind will only verify data provided by the Enquirer or the Individual, with the consent of the Individual.
9. VeriFind agrees to provide a response to each verification request through VeriFind, based on data provided by our Sources.
10. Turnaround times for enquiries are based on experience / historic data and should be treated as an approximate turnaround time. Every effort is made to deliver a response within the time agreed. However, we cannot guarantee a response within the turnaround time for every enquiry.
11. In the event that an enquiry goes overdue, we will contact you via email to notify you that it has gone overdue and work with the Source to provide a response to the verification at the earliest possible opportunity.
12. Meditor / VeriFind will provide one of the following possible responses to a verification request. If a verification request/order contains several services, the result will be based on the most severe finding and display the color code accordingly.
GREEN – All Clear
The information is verified – where an exact match to the data supplied by the Enquirer on the Individual has been found in the Source database.
YELLOW – Missing / Unavailable / Unable
The information, or parts of it, cannot be verified, as Source records are incomplete, inaccurate or unavailable. This does not mean that the information is incorrect.
ORANGE – Minor deviations
The Information, or parts of it, is not verified, as minor discrepancies exist in one or more data fields.
RED – Major deviations
The Information, or parts of it, is not verified, as major discrepancies exist in one or more data fields.
13. Where a request is verified and an Enquirer feels there is a discrepancy in the data, it is the responsibility of the Enquirer or Individual to provide evidence contrary to the verification provided by the Source.
14. Where a request is not verified and the Enquirer feels that the candidate should be verified, it is the responsibility of the Enquirer to provide evidence contrary to the verification provided by the Source.
15. Where a request is returned unable to verify due to missing documentation, it is the responsibility of the Enquirer or Individual to provide the necessary documentation allowing for the process to be completed.
16. The result of not verified or unable to verify is still a result and a refund will not be issued in these circumstances.
17. It is an Enquirer’s responsibility to ensure that data which is provided as part of a verification is complete. Only data that is provided as part of the enquiry will be verified by the Source.
18. Whilst every effort is made to ensure correct information is supplied, accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
19. Meditor / VeriFind agrees to institute and maintain reasonable controls to ensure the integrity and security of its database and data transmission systems, including the security of all data submitted by the Enquirer and the Individual.
20. The Enquirer acknowledges and agrees that VeriFind maintains a detailed record of each verification request / order that is made (“request record”) and makes the request record available to Screener in charge and the Enquirer. After completed delivery, Enquirer may delete from VeriFind all uploaded documents.
21. An Enquirer may obtain a verification from Meditor / VeriFind under this Agreement on behalf of third party and may release the information to that third party.
22. The Individual must consent to the disclosure of their information to the third party. Please see Inform the Candidate.
23. The Enquirer agrees that it will not otherwise release, transfer, distribute, share or re-disclose any information that it has obtained from Meditor / VeriFind to any other entity or individual, whether for sale or free of charge, except to the Individual whose information was verified.
24. The Enquirer agrees further that if it obtains information from Meditor / VeriFind under this Agreement on behalf of a third party, it will release the information to that other entity only on the condition that the other entity will not release, transfer, distribute, share or otherwise re-disclose any of the information obtained from Meditor / VeriFind to any other third party or individual, whether for sale or free of charge, except to the Individual whose information was verified.
25. Meditor / VeriFind does not warrant or guarantee the completeness, accuracy or reliability of information supplied by our Sources, and disclaims any express or implied warranties or fitness for a particular purpose. Meditor / VeriFind specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability for errors or omissions in information provided by such Sources, including direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages resulting from the use of information provided and verified or released through VeriFind under this Agreement.
26. Both parties (Meditor and Enquirer) agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing the activities and services provided under this Agreement, including in particular Data Protection Laws concerning the privacy and confidentiality of information and records.
27. Meditor / VeriFind reserves the right to change these terms of service without notice at any time necessary.